SA Man Debunks Renewed Xenophobic Attacks, Confronts NIDCOM
A South African Twitter user has debunk the rumors of new xenophobic attacks in South Africa, saying NIDCOM is an attention seeking organization.
See screenshot down this page
NIDCOM STATEMENT ON RENEWED ATTACKS ON SOME NIGERIANS IN SOUTH AFRICA.
Abuja, Oct. 23, 2019: Hon. Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman/CEO Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NIDCOM) has stated that the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of Nigeria and South Africa
…..will ensure implementation of the Early Warning Signal mechanisms recently signed between both countries in South Africa, as part of the efforts to curb xenophobic attacks.
2. Speaking against the backdrop of renewed xenophobic attacks on Nigerians, she said the Consul General is on top of the situation.
3. The Consul General, Godwin Adama, is currently in Widbank, Mpumulanga, where the crisis happened. He is at a meeting with the highest police authorities there.
4. The mission intervened immediately and the situation is currently under control. After this meeting, a meeting with Nigerians along with the South African Police will hold” She assured.
5. The mission intervened immediately and the situation is currently under control. After this meeting, a meeting with Nigerians along with the South African Police will hold” She assured.
6. It will be recalled that President Muhammadu Buhari had on Oct. 3 to 5, led a high powered delegation to South Africa on a two-day state visit on the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians.
7. A series of agreements and Memorandum of Understanding were signed by the two African states to cement the relationship and nip the hostilities in the bud.
But on Tuesday, it was reported that South African citizens resumed xenophobic attacks against Nigerians living in Mpumalamga area of the country.
Head of Media Unit