- Kingsley Ehizibue has been been invited by the Nigerian Super Eagles.
- Did Kingsley Ehizibue accept Nigeria’s invitation to play for them?, you’ll see that below.
The Technical Adviser of Nigeria’s senior national football team (Super Eagles), Gernor Rohr, on Wednesday, invited 24 players for the quick-double 2021 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCONS) qualifying fixture against the Leone Stars of Sierra Leone this month.
Prominent on the list is Germany–based defender Kingsley Ehizibue. Only few Nigerians have any information about the tall player. That is why we have compiled a few important things you should know about this player who could become a part of the Super Eagles for a long time.
Here are 10 things to give you an idea of who he is:
- Kingsley Ehizibue was born 25 May 1995. 2. He plays as a right back for FC Köln.
- He was born in Germany and raised in the Netherlands.
- Ehizibue was born to Nigerian parents, but moved to the Netherlands at 2 years of age, growing up in Zwolle.
- He started playing football at local amateur outfit CSV’28.
- Ehizibue made his professional debut for PEC Zwolle on 29 October 2014 against HHC Hardenberg in a Dutch Cup game.
- He made his Eredivisie debut on 13 December 2014 against Willem II.
- On 31 May 2019, it was announced that Ehizibue would be transferred to Bundesliga club FC Köln, where he signed a four-year contract until 2023.
- On Wednesday, 4 March 2020, Ehizibue was invited to the Super Eagles of Nigeria.
- He positively reacted to the invitation, citing he can’t wait to put on the Super Eagles Jersey.